The big news from yesterday, is the new JobKeeper stimulus package announced by Scott Morrison. The details are still being fleshed out, we’ll be reviewing and adding the details to our website as they become clearer. See below for a quick summary of what we know now.
What is the payment worth?
The payment is worth $1500 per fortnight for eligible workers.
Which employers are eligible?
- Businesses with a turn over of less than $1Billion who have lost 30% of revenue
- Businesses with a turnover over of more than $1 Billion who have lost 50% of revenue
- Banks subject to the banking levy are not eligible
Which employees are eligible?
- Were employed by an eligible employer at 1st of March, 2020
- A full-time, part-time, sole traders or long-term casuals who have been employed on a regular basis for more than 12 months as at 1 March 2020
- Are at least 16 years old
- Are an Australian Citizen, permanent visa holder, protected visa holder, non protected visa holder residing in Australia for more than 10 years, or a New Zealander on a 444 visa
We have been busy updating the website with the various stimulus packages from all the remaining states. We should be finished this process shortly. Visit the homepage and filter by state to see what is relevant for your location.
We’re pleased to announce that a new Australian fintech, DayTek Capital is partnering with us to support our efforts in bringing this website to you. DayTek Capital is due to launch “Infinity” in the first half of 2020 with a vision to become the first “product disruptive” bank in Australia. Infinity has already generated great interest in Australia, with the federal government offering assistance in support of the venture. Trade & Investment Queensland, the Queensland Government’s dedicated global business promotion agency is also supporting Infinity and it’s potential to create skilled jobs in Queensland.